Playing the games of Bowls
Bowls is not a difficult game to play and is possible to play regardless of age or health - many bowlers are over 90 and even playing with walking sticks
We believe everybody should realize the joy and benefit of playing sport, and there are so many reasons why bowls is ideally placed to unlock these fantastic advantages. Here are our top 5 reasons to give bowls a try:
1. Playing bowls is very doable. Whatever your physique, bowls is a sport for everybody and it will help improve your fitness levels and mental wellbeing.
2. Bowls is not expensive. To get going you don’t need lots of new kit and clubs put on taster sessions for free. Even when you get the bug, a set of bowls and joining a club can cost as little as £40
3. After football, bowls has the second highest number of clubs in the country. With so many places to play, it’ll take no time at all to get to a bowls club close to your home.
4. Compared to most sports, age and gender differences have less of an effect on a game of bowls, so it’s a perfect sport to spend time and enjoy a bit of friendly competition with your family.
5. Bowls clubs are sociable places full of people looking to have fun, so bowls is a great way to relax, make new friends and feel part of your local community.
How to play the game of bowls
There are lots of resources on the internet about getting into playing bowls and details of how to play the game and rules of the game
Lots of information on playing bowls - www.bowlsengland.com/play-bowls/
For a Complete Guide to playing bowls as a beginner use the Bowls.co.uk website https://bowls.co.uk/flat-green
Lawn Bowls for fun videos on all aspects of the game - https://www.youtube.com/c/lawnbowlsforfun/videos